PRP therapy (plasmolifting of the joints) – treatment of the spine and joints
PRP therapy in Kiev (Platelet-rich Plasma, ie, plasma-enriched plasma) is a fairly new method of treatment. PRP (plasmolifting of joints) is a platelet-rich, growth factor-rich serum. Plasma therapy procedures relieve pain and inflammation in the spine and joints, stimulate tissue healing. Doctors of the Vertebroneurology and Kinesitherapy Clinic “Prima Vertebra” use a method for the treatment of osteochondrosis, protrusion and disc herniation, arthritis and arthrosis. Plasma injections help to recover from injuries and surgeries.
The price from 500 UAH.
Duration of the procedure is 15-30 minutes.
The course of treatment is 3-7 procedures.
The essence of the method
PRP therapy is the injection of plasma in the form of injections. For the procedure, the doctor at the Prima Vertebra clinic takes a little blood from the vein from the patient. Then the blood is scrolled in a special centrifuge. As a result plasma is separated from erythrocytes, the concentration of platelets increases in it. Platelets are blood cells that stimulate tissue repair. After treatment in a centrifuge, the concentration of platelets in the plasma increases by 30% compared to conventional blood.
The resulting light liquid is injected with a thin needle into the affected area. For example, during the procedure PRP therapy for the joints of the prick is made directly into the joint cavity. Platelets, getting into tissues, intensively isolate growth factors. This contributes to the restoration of tissues near the joints and spine. The procedure lasts no more than 15 minutes.
Therapeutic effect of PRP therapy
- reduces pain and inflammation in osteochondrosis;
- restores the joint fluid;
- stimulates blood circulation in the affected area;
- accelerates recovery from injuries and surgeries;
- relieves muscle spasms;
- makes joints more mobile, returns freedom of movement;
- reduces pressure on the damaged joints of the bones and increases the distance between them;
- Plasma therapy of joints improves cartilage nutrition.
Thanks to the procedure, the patient is prescribed fewer medicines, the toxic effect of drugs on the body decreases. The patient feels the effect of the procedures after the first sessions.
PRP therapy is considered a safe procedure, it has few side effects. The patient has a small risk of self-infection: if there are viral cells in the blood of a person, as a result of the procedure they can become more active. In places of injections, bruises may appear, they will pass independently for a week. To avoid complications, before the procedure consult with your doctor about possible side effects.
Complex application of PRP therapy
To speed up the recovery of the patient the doctors of the Vertebroneurology and Kinesitherapy Clinic “Prima Vertebra” combine the technique with other procedures: therapeutic massage, manual therapy, magnetotolaser therapy, etc.
- arthritis and arthrosis;
- cramps in the muscles of the neck, legs and back;
- Rehabilitation after injuries and surgeries;
- tearing of ligaments and muscles;
- inflammation in the joints;
- plantar fasciitis
- blood clotting disorders;
- severe diseases of the thyroid, pancreas, heart, lungs;
- chronic infectious diseases: hepatitis B and C, syphilis, AIDS;
- Proximity to skin irritation, allergic dermatitis;
- platelet count is less than 100 thousand / mkl, hemoglobin level is less than 100 g / l;
- neuroses, mental disorders;
- high temperature;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- a tumor.
- How many procedures are included in the PRP treatment course?
The course of treatment includes 3 to 7 sessions. The doctor will accurately determine the number of procedures for PRP therapy after consultation.
- How should you prepare for the procedure?
Preparation for plasmatherapy is basically a diet. The day before the procedure, do not eat anything greasy, fried, give up hot spices and alcohol. If you are taking medications to reduce blood clotting, take a break for 3 days before the procedure. Before the session, one should not eat and smoke, it is advisable to drink more water.
- Are there any special recommendations after PRP therapy?
Do not recommend immediately after the treatment session go to the sauna, bath or solarium.
- How much does one PRP therapy cost?
The cost of PRP therapy is 500 UAH. You can find prices for other procedures in the PRICES section. We advise you to consult with our doctor before starting the procedures.
Methods of treatment
- Биомеханическая коррекция позвоночника
- Глубокая осциляция (ГЛОС-терапия или лимфодренажный массаж ХИВАМАТ® 200)
- Иглоукалывание (Акупунктура)
- Лечебные блокады (ЛМБ)
- Лечебная физкультура (ЛФК)
- Мануальная терапия
- Лечебный массаж
- Ударно-волновая терапия
- Ультразвуковая терапия (УЗТ)
- ТЕКАР-терапия (T-CaRe)
- Ультразвуковое исследование
- PRP терапия (плазмотерапия)
- Инъекции гиалуроновой кислоты в Киеве
- Комплексная реабилитационная капсула Alpha Led Oxy Light-Spa