Shockwave therapy in Kiev
Shockwave therapy (UVT) is actively used in treatment of musculoskeletal system deseases. In Ukraine the technique has been used for about 10 years. It is recognized as effective, capable of reducing the use of medicines and in some cases makes it possible to avoid surgery.
Shock waves range 1-15 hertz belong to the sound spectrum. They easily pass through the liquid and soft tissue of a person. However, the acoustic resistance of the cartilaginous and bony tissues is higher and accordingly to the effect of UVT on them it is more pronounced.
The price is 250 UAH.
Duration of the procedure is 5-10 minutes.
The course of treatment is 3-10 procedures.
What is the therapeutic effect of shock waves?
- Fragments of “salt deposits”, calcifications, ossification; deduce calcium from calcified tissues, return them elasticity.
- Stimulate the formation of the protein of the connective tissue of collagen, which helps to repair damaged tissue.
- Initiate the formation of small blood vessels in the area of the disease.
- Improve metabolism in tissues.
At what diseases is shock wave therapy prescribed?
- osteochondrosis of the spine (especially cases of spondylarthrosis, calcification of ligaments);
- diseases of ligaments and tendons: heel spur, epicondylitis, trochanteritis and others;
- arthrosis of the joints, especially with the formation of osteophytes – bone growths;
- Shoulder-scapular periarthrosis (dystrophy of periarticular soft tissues);
- trauma of the musculoskeletal system;
- Trigger pain points;
- fibromyalgic and myofascial syndromes.
Therapeutic results of shock wave therapy
The impact of the apparatus is similar to tapping with a hammer, which gradually gives way to tingling. In the first sessions, the procedure can be painful. Patients experience rapid results of SWT already during the session or during the first days of treatment. After a while, there are delayed effects.
The healing effect lasts six months after the course of treatment.
The following options are discussed as indirect impacts:
- Intensification of intracellular metabolism due to changes in membrane permeability, for example, due to the discovery of glutamate channels.
- Release of substance P, neurotransmitter and mediator of pain, into the tissue with subsequent habituation of nerve receptors and, thereby, lowering the pain threshold.
- Release of AGF and VGF (growth hormones) with an appropriate cellular response.
- Increased cellular activity due to gene expression.
The shock wave therapy course
The number of sessions depends on the disease and its severity.
Usually appoint 3-10 procedures, 1-2 sessions per week. Repeat if necessary course only six months later. The cost of the procedure is 250 UAH.
Results of treatment
Similarly to the well known many therapists, transverse trituration according to J. Cyriax, the use of radial shock wave therapy leads to various, directly observed effects during or immediately after therapy:
- After unpleasant or even painful sensations, at first, the patient becomes quickly addicted to therapy with a good tolerance of the incoming shock wave.
- As a rule, immediately after the therapy there is an unambiguous reduction of pain.
- There is an increase in mobility.
- Normal muscle tone.
- The previously palpable muscular compaction disappears
Primary effects of UVT:
- the intensity and frequency of pain decrease;
- Improves blood circulation in the area affected by waves
Delayed effects of UVT:
- mobility in the problem area improves;
- decrease in size, calcinates, osteophytes, scars and other formations dissolve;
- ligaments, joints, tendons are strengthened;
- new blood vessels form in the affected area;
- improves nutrition of tissues.
- Diseases of the central and peripheral nervous system (for example, with the consequences of closed brain injuries, residual phenomena of ischemic stroke, diabetic polyneuropathy, plexitis, radiculopathy, the consequences of surgical interventions on the nerve trunks, toxic polyneuropathies, migraines).
- Vegetative dysfunction (including with oppression of sexual function).
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system (eg, ischemic heart disease, post-infarction cariesclerosis, Stage I hypertension, Raynaud’s disease, obliterans and other peripheral vascular diseases).
- Chronic diseases of internal organs (leukemia, stomach, liver, duodenum, kidneys, female genital organs).
- Diseases and injuries of the musculoskeletal system (bruises, fractures, osteochondrosis, deforming spondylosis of the spine, shoulder-lobe periarthritis, osteomyelitis).
- Acute and chronic diseases of the ENT organs (otitis media, laryngitis, pharyngitis).
- Skin diseases (flaccid purulent wounds, trophic ulcers, burns, keloid scars).
- Fresh injuries;
- Oncological diseases;
- acute infections;
- diseases of the blood, skin;
- use of a pacemaker.
- How is shock wave therapy carried out?
The procedure is carried out with the help of special shock-wave devices that convert electrical impulses into sound waves. The patient sits or fits on the couch, after that the doctor reveals on his body the most painful points (triggers) by palpation. On these sites the doctor applies a contact gel and presses the applicator of the device. The shape of the applicator is selected taking into account the anatomical features of the damaged area.
- Does the procedure have side effects?
In some patients (3-5%), the pain may be slightly increased that is explained by the activation of biochemical processes in the inflammatory region. The reaction comes to naught on 2-3 days after the procedure. At the subsequent sessions of strengthening of a painful syndrome it is not already noted.
There are no other side effects or complications of shock wave therapy. In general, the procedure is well tolerated by the majority of patients and, in comparison with other physiotherapy techniques, has the smallest number of contraindications.
- How many procedures are included in the treatment of shock wave therapy?
The course of SWT includes from 5 to 10 sessions, most often – 5 procedures. One session lasts 5-10 minutes. The patient undergoes 1-2 procedures per week.
- Where can I get treatment?
You can take a course of UVT in our clinic “Prima Vertebra” in Kiev.
Methods of treatment
- Биомеханическая коррекция позвоночника
- Глубокая осциляция (ГЛОС-терапия или лимфодренажный массаж ХИВАМАТ® 200)
- Иглоукалывание (Акупунктура)
- Лечебные блокады (ЛМБ)
- Лечебная физкультура (ЛФК)
- Мануальная терапия
- Лечебный массаж
- Ударно-волновая терапия
- Ультразвуковая терапия (УЗТ)
- ТЕКАР-терапия (T-CaRe)
- Ультразвуковое исследование
- PRP терапия (плазмотерапия)
- Инъекции гиалуроновой кислоты в Киеве
- Комплексная реабилитационная капсула Alpha Led Oxy Light-Spa